Sunday, March 12, 2023

Ragnar Lothbrok and a History of the Vikings by Noah Brown

Ragnar Lothbrok and a History of the Vikings: Viking Warriors including Rollo, Norsemen, Norse Mythology, Quests in America, England, France, Scotland, Ireland and Russia.

ISBN  978-1548850951 

 Don't believe anything in this book, without checking other sources. Much of it is true, but which parts? Eric the red did indeed set up a colony in North America (in Greenland). But a 1500 BC carving of Odin's name in Canada? I'm sorry, I think I would have heard about that.

This book might have been written by an early version of ChatGPT. Reading it will be hard work, as you should fact-check everything you 'learn'. I am not prepared to do that, and readily admit to reviewing it without having read much of it.

There is no index – I wanted to look for the Kensington stone…

Some typos and nonsensical sentences, but that is less of a problem than fictional facts.


No comments: